August 10, 2023
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-PRESENT, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake-PRESENT,
Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle-PRESENT, Scott Spaeth-Town of Edgewater-PRESENT,
Bob Moulette-Town of Long Lake-ABSENT, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-PRESENT
Dan Wichser–Village of Birchwood-PRESENT
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, August 10, 2023 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD Building, 280 Edenharter Rd, Birchwood WI.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence for Fire Chief Ken George’s mother that passes away Aug 6, 2023
- Roll Call- See above
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve July 13, 2023 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
- Public Input—Linda Zilmer-sent Vince Ems Director the Sawyer Cty Recording from the board meeting.
- Fire Department Report—See attached report
- Fire Department Budget Mike Hessling made a motion to approve the Fire Dept 2024 Budget as presented, 2nd by Dan Wichser, TOB- yea, TOCL-Yea, TOE-yea, TOE-yea, TOLL-absent, TOW-yea, VOB—yea Carried- 6-0
- Ambulance Service Report –See attached report
- Ambulance Department Budget—Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve the Amb Dept 2024 Budget with the wages @ $14 per hr., 2nd by Rick Oswalt, Discussion was made, vote was 3-nay 2 yea 1-abstained. TOB-yea, TOCL-nay, TOE-yea, TOW-nay, VOB-nay, Not approved 3-nay, 2 yea
- Discussion was made-Mike Hessling made a motion to approve the Amb Dept 2024 Budget with the wages @ $12 per hr., 2nd by Cindy Fairchild,TOB-Nay, TOCL-yea, TOE-nay, TOW-yea, VOB-nay, Not approved 3 nay, 2 yea
- Discussion was made- Dan Wichser made a motion to approve the Amb Dept 2024 Budget with the wages @ $13 per hr., 2nd by Rick Oswalt.TOB-yea, TOCL-yea, TOE-yea, TOW-yea, VOB-yea, Carried 5-0
- BFCESD Auxiliary Report—See Attached report
- Building/ Fund Raising Committee report—Grand opening is Sat., Aug 12, 2023. Mosaic proposal for internet battery backup of $600.00. Scott made a motion to approve theTel-conference package from Mosaic quote of $9,608, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
- Presentation on BFCESD Logo and approval Mike will have a few changes to the logo as discussed and approve at the Sept meeting
- Moved to Sept meeting Long Term Capital Plan for Fire and Ambulance Department
- Moved to the Sept meeting, Discuss housekeeping statement of requirements and duties. Review any quotes rec’d.
- Moved to the Sept meeting, Discussion on Social Media sites
- New Business
TOB-nothing, TOCL-nothing, TOD-nothing, TOE-nothing, TOLL—absentTOW-nothing, VOB-Will have more information on the VOB water utilities add to Sept agenda.
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve donations of $1517.00 that were received since the last meeting ($440 to the Building Fund for items sold1,077.00 to the Auxiliary-$1000 from Mikana parade and $77 misc. donations), 2nd by Dan Wichser, carried 6-0
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Dan Wichser, carried 6-0
- Al Dirkes made a motion to approve Bills as presented for payment
Main acct efts #220-225
Main acct checks #8556-8578
Aux acct checks #1053-1054
Building fund checks #1052 & #1054-1059, with #1060 to Credit card for building expenses of $2,110.54
- Review Correspondence—Linda Zilmer regarding Sawyer Cty meeting
Insurance Inquiry regarding changing to another company
Email from Ashley-VOB regarding monthly board meeting
Email from Dan W regarding items regarding water usage etc.
Propane prepay letter from Synergy, Dan Wichser made a motion to approve the purchase of 4,000 gal of propane @ $1.49 per gal. total of $5,960.00, 2nd by Al Dirkes, carried 6-0 Cindy will cut a check for this which is due by Aug 31, 2023.
- Commissioners Input
TOB-Rick Oswalt—nothing, TOD-Al Dirkes—nothing, TOE-Scott Spaeth—for the record TOE is still fighting with Sawyer Cty regarding Amb issues,TOLL-Bob Moulette—Absent, TOW-Cindy Fairchild—nothing, VOB-Dan Wichser—nothing, TOCL-Mike Hessling—nothing
- Dan Wichser made a motion to adjourn @ 9:57p.m., 2nd by Rick Oswalt, Carried 6-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.