August 11, 2022
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake, Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle, Scott Spaeth-Town of Edgewater, James Whitehead-Town of Long Lake, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson Dan Wichser–Village of Birchwood
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI.
September 8, 2022
BFCESD Minutes AUGUST 11, 2022
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call-See above
- James Whitehead made a motion to approve the July 14, 2022 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Al Dirkes, carried 7-0
- Public Input-Linda Zillmer concerns about legality of the formation of the Auxiliary.
- Audit: Two Rivers Canceled will be present Sept 8 at 6:30pm
- Fire Department Report—See Attached
- Update on Hovercraft progress (Engine cost & accts that expenses should be taken out of) Vince mentioned finding a Rotex 503 engine is a challenge because of all the ultra-light planes. The Fire Dept approved at the last meeting to spend up to the $3500.00 from the fire budget monies.
- Dan Wichser made a motion to approve the 2023 Fire Dept Budget as presented, 2nd by James Whitehead, Carried 7-0
- Ambulance Service Report –See Attached
- 2023 Ambulance Budget was presented with the wage increase of $12 hr., Al Dirkes made a motion to approve the 2023 Ambulance Budget as presented, 2nd by Rick Oswalt. Discussion was made regarding having Cindy do spreadsheet with the $10, $11 and $12 wages and assessment form to show the cost to each entity. Motion was withdrawn by Al Dirkes and tabled until the Aug 8th
- Update on BFCESD Auxiliary Committee
- Draft Charter was sent out by Mike Hessling for everyone to see
- BFCESD Bylaws Update to create BFCESD Auxiliary was tabled until the Aug 8th Mike will check on legality of forming an Auxiliary
- Building/ Fund Raising Committee report
- 2nd Annual Jon Sleik Memorial Golf Tournament is set for Sept 25, 2022. Mike is working with Cheers regarding food etc. Raffle items are being collected. Deanna Hessling has made up the poster.
- Update on Building Progress: July 21 opened bids at NWB. July 27 bidders were selected.Dan made a motion to pay Village of Birchwood for the Special meeting after Public Hearing for the conditional land use permit not to exceed $1000.00, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild, Carried 7-0
- Review Building Colors/Elevation Views- the building color was decided to be red.
- Review change of SH48 intersection and impacts to building. The elevation discussion to raise the building to exit directly onto 48 isn’t a possibility because of the increased cost added to the project.
- Rick Oswalt made a motion to approve donations of $2,576.00 that were received since the July 14th meeting, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 7-0
- Rick Oswalt made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 7-0
- James Whitehead made a motion to approve Bills as presented for payment, E-Pay 140-144 and checks #8172-8197 from the Main Acct. and check #1005 from the Building Fund Acct, 2nd by Dan Wichser, Carried 7-0
- Review Correspondence—Spectrum Ins with quote for new building of $3,700 per year @ $2.5 million. Village of Birchwood bay rent of $1,625.00 per month signed agreement. Permit signed by Mike Hessling from Washburn Cty DOT for water and sewer connection.
- Commissioners Input**TOB-Rick Oswalt— Nothing**TOD-Al Dirkes—one of the residence mentioned at their last board meeting that the street fill for fire dept on 29th street isn’t working. Ken George explained that the fire dept doesn’t use them the DNR put them in the 90’s.
**TOE-Scott Spaeth— Nothing
**TOLL-James Whitehead—question on payment plan for the building. Mike will check with Shane on when that will be available.
- Dan Wichser made a motion to adjourn @ 9:07 p.m., 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 7-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.