February 10, 2022
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-Present Via Zoom, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake-Present Via Zoom,
Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle-PRESENT, Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater-PRESENT,
James Whitehead-Town of Long Lake-PRESENT, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-PRESENT
Dan Wicsher-Village of Birchwood-PRESENT
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call-See above
- Elect new President and any unfilled open positions
**Cindy Fairchild nominated Mike Hessling for Presidents position, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, no other nominations, floor was closed. Town of Birchwood-Rick Oswalt—yea, Town of Cedar Lake-Mike Hessling—abstained, Town of Doyle-Al Dirkes–yea, Town of Edgewater-Pete Baribeau—yea, Town of Long Lake-James Whitehead-yea, Town of Wilson-Cindy Fairchild-yea, Village of Birchwood—Dan Wicsher—yea
6 yea -0 nay 1 abstained
**Cindy Fairchild nominated Al Dirkes for Vice-Presidents position, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, no other nominations, floor was closed. Town of Birchwood-Rick Oswalt—yea, Town of Cedar Lake-Mike Hessling—abstained, Town of Doyle-Al Dirkes–abstained, Town of Edgewater-Pete Baribeau—yea, Town of Long Lake-James Whitehead-yea, Town of Wilson-Cindy Fairchild-yea, Village of Birchwood—Dan Wicsher—yea
6 yea -0 nay 1 abstained
**Appointment of Dan Wicsher as Trustee for the accts at Dairy State Bank
carried 6-0 Dan Wicsher abstained
- Pete Baribeau made a motion to Approve the Jan 13, 2022 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Al Dirkes , carried 7-0
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer- would like to see board consider doing Board of commissioner emails so correspondence could be sent directly to them
- Fire Department Report-See attached
- Ambulance Service Report-See Attached.
- Fund Raising Committee Report-Special Executive meeting was held on Jan 27 2022 at 6:30 via zoom. Mike Hessling has been in contact with the Cleveland’s and will be meeting with them in March to update the agreement. They’re very supportive and pleased about the progress and update they received from Mike.
- Building Committee report-Mike Hessling mentioned that not much activity. Will be meeting with Chris @ NWB regarding preconstruction contract and possibility of doing Phasing 1 & 2 option. Will bring to the Board at the March meeting the options that were presented.
Mike Hessling made a motion to request cost from lawyer for legal review of the contract from NWB, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, carried 7-0
- Update on Risk Assessment that the auditor Brandon Willger mentioned. Cindy contacted Spectrum Insurance and there is a policy called Government Entity Crime Coverage and has the application to be filled out if approved by the board to get a quote.
Mike Hessling made a motion for Cindy to move forward with the application for the Gov Entity Crime coverage for Funds over the Banks FDIC amount thru Spectrum Ins to get a quote, 2nd by James Whitehead, carried 6-0 Cindy abstained
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve donations that were received since Jan 13, 2022 to Feb 10th of $2620.00 to the Building/Brick Fund acct, 2nd by Al Dirkes, carried 7-0
- Pete Baribeau made a motion to approve Bookkeeper’s report as presented, 2nd by Al Dirkes, carried 7-0
- James Whitehead made a motion to approve Bills as presented for payment, Epay 104-109 and Checks 7994-8008 (8007 for $2.00 and 8008 for $60.00 Banner not on list), 2nd by Al Dirkes, carried 7-0
- Review Correspondence–Synergy patronage Dividends, email request for information from Jeff and Ellen Alberts regarding BFCESD being on their beneficiary list on will and the email from Linda Zillmer regarding Dells-Delton.
- Commissioners Input
Town of Birchwood-Rick Oswalt—Thanked Mike Hessling and Al Dirkes for accepting President and Vice President position and new board members Dan and James.
Town of Cedar Lake-Mike Hessling—Thanked everyone for stepping up for the new roles on the BFCESD Board.
Town of Doyle-Al Dirkes—Was concerned when he was nominated by his board to be a commissioner, had always heard it was a thankless job and that not everyone has the will to do this job.
Town of Edgewater-Pete Baribeau—Thanked all the new ones for stepping up and being on the board.
Town of Long Lake—James Whitehead—Thanked everyone and will try to fill some large shoes of the past Commissioner. Will do what ever he can to help get the ground broke for the new building project, beings he has seen for years thru Leroy (his grandfather) the struggles. Is very glad to be part of the process now.
Town of Wilson- Cindy Fairchild—Just an update on the Spaghetti Dinner sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary members on Feb 19. There’s been a lot of positivity on this event. Just a heads up if you want to eat you might want to be there at 5pm and bring your appetite, there’s going to be a lot of good food and desserts along with a lot of raffle/auction items during the night.
Village of Birchwood-Dan Wicsher—Going to get his feet under him regarding being asked by Rocky to be the Village Commissioner. He has a background for being a firefighter and hopes to bring some of that experience and knowledge to help with his role.
- Al Dirkes made a motion to adjourn @ 7:41 pm. 2nd by Dan Wicsher, carried 7-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.