February 11th, 2021
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Richard Stowe-Town of Birchwood-Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake- Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle Present, Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater- Present, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake- Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson- Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood-Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 6:30 PM, at the Birchwood School Commons area
March 11th, 2021
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call-See above.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve Jan 14th, 2021 Zoom Meeting Minutes, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried 7-0
- Public Input. Linda Zilmer expressed her concerns regarding Agenda item #14.
- Fire Department Report-Ken was absent-see attached reports.
- Ambulance Service Report-see attached reports. Vince asked that monies spent on the New Ambulance be taken from the Amb. Capital Acct to cover them.
- Two Rivers Accounting, LLC report on fund balances—see attached response from Brandon regarding recommendations on the Assigned Fund Balances. Ken Leners wanted to thank Brandon for the recommendations.
- Fund Balance Policy: Ken Leners asked that we follow the Capital improvement 5 yr plan and not to exceeding those amounts in the Capital Accts. Mick suggested not to put the Assigned Accts into a 5 yr plan. Before budget planning this year, a Budget Committee will be formed.
- Fund Raising Committee Report: Due to personal conflicts Pete Baribeau resigned as Chair of the Fund Raising Committee. New Chair will be voted on at March’s meeting.
- Building Committee Report: Bill Zimmer was absent.
- Open discussion regarding building project and direction going forward. Vince talked about some different properties that were available. Gargulak’s property with the shop isn’t for sale anymore, but their property to the east is available, but isn’t big enough for the building. John Depoister mentioned a few different options that may be an option.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve the donations that were received since the last meeting of $325.00 from Memorials for Jon Sleik toward the Building Fund, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried 7-0
- Cindy Fairchild made a motion to accept the donation of the laptop computer from Tim Stearns, 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried 7-0
- Richard Stowe made a motion to settle for 12% interest annually on the amount of late charges on the nonpayment of Town of Cedar Lakes 2020 Assessment payments, 2nd by Tim Stearns. 2-yea 5- nay, Rejected 5-2
Town of Birchwood-yea
Town of Doyle-yea
Town of Long Lake-nay
Village of Birchwood-nay
Town of Cedar Lake-nay
Town of Edgewater-nay
Town of Wilson-nay Tim Stearns made a motion to forgive the Town of Cedar Lakes finance charges on the 2020 Late Assessment payment, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, Carried 6-0 1–abstain
Town of Birchwood—yea
Town of Doyle—yea
Town of Long Lake—yea
Village of Birchwood—yea
Town of Cedar Lake—abstain
Town of Edgewater—yea
Town of Wilson—yea
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried 7-0
Tim Stearns made a motion to approve invoices for payment to include Eft payment #11-#17 and Checks #7622-7646, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, Carried 7-0
- Review Correspondence. Notice from Spectrum insurance regarding Cyber coverage.
- Commissioners Input.
Town of Birchwood—Richard Stowe—asked about insurance on equipment stored in their cold storage.
Town of Cedar Lake—Ken Leners—read and emailed each commissioner the letter of intent to discontinue Ambulance Service Nov 11, 2021– 9 months from Feb 11, 2021.
Town of Doyle—Tim Stearns–Nothing
Town of Edgewater—Pete Baribeau—Trying effort to staying with Birchwood Ambulance Service, but needed to explore the different options with Sawyer Cty
Town of Long Lake—Mick Givens—Next month will have an agenda item for the board to accept the notice of withdrawal from BFCESD Ambulance Service on Nov 11, 2021 for the board to accept. Anticipates an agenda item to discuss the impact on the ambulance service going forward.
Town of Wilson—Cindy Fairchild—Nothing
Village of Birchwood—John Depoister—Nothing
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn @ 7:48 p.m., 2nd by John Depoister, Carried 7-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.