July 13, 2023
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-PRESENT, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake-PRESENT,
Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle-PRESENT, Scott Spaeth-Town of Edgewater-PRESENT,
Bob Moulette–Town of Long Lake-PRESENT, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-PRESENT
Dan Wichser–Village of Birchwood-ABSENT
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 6:30 PM, at the NEW BFCESD Building, 280 Edenharter Rd, Birchwood WI.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Al Dirkes made a motion to approve June 8, 2023 Meeting Minutes, with the addition to #7 stating that if the cost excedes what was budgeted, 2nd by Bob Moulette, Carried 6-0
- Public Input–Nothing
- Fire Department Report—See attached report in meeting packet. Ken mentioned the extractor was quoted for approx. $8,000.
- Ambulance Service Report— See attached report in meeting packet
- BFCESD Auxiliary Report– See attached report in meeting packet
- Building/ Fund Raising Committee report—Mike mentioned that the planter will be done before the open house. Tower installation is put on hold. Mike Hessling made a motion to have the Open house on Aug 12 starting @ 10:00am., 2nd by Rick Oswalt, Carried 6-0
- Long Term Capital Plan for Fire and Ambulance Department- move to Aug. meeting during budget discussion.
- Building use Policy was approved- TOB-yes, TOD-yes, TOCL-yes, TOE-yes, TOLL-Yes, TOW-yes, Carried 6-0.
- Discuss the need for housekeeping personnel. Need to agree on a statement of work and get quotes. Mike Hessling made a motion to use word for the proposal bids for cleaning, once a month by the 15th, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, Carried 6-0
- Discussion on Social Media sites—Moved to Aug. meeting
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve to retain asset of the Antique Fire Truck , 2nd by Scott Spaeth, Carried 6-0
- New Business–None
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve donations that were received since the June 8th meeting of $600.00 plus $450 put into the building fund.
$250.00 from Mikana Parade to Amb—to go toward Vest.
$250.00 from Mikana Parade to Fire-
$50.00 Cedar Lake Tues Night Group to Fire Trailer expenses
$50.00 to Auxiliary for Parade Expenses, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve Bills as presented for payment, Main Acct–Epay’s-214-219, Checks 8536-8555, BUILDING-BRICK Checks 1040-1051 Auxiliary- #1049, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried
- Review Correspondence—Birchwood Village Clean-up Day Sept 9 info, Code Red for Washburn Cty Residence, League of Wisc. Municipalites 2022 Dividend, Mike mentioned the recording for NWB ad.
- Commissioners Input–
TOB-Rick Oswalt—Mentioned that their Town will probably be dropping Sawyer Cty Amb Service. Need of No Parking signs opposite of parking lot.
TOD-Al Dirkes—Nothing, TOE-Scott Spaeth—Nothing, TOLL-Bob Moulette—Nothing
TOW-Cindy Fairchild—Nothing, VOB-Dan Wichser—Absent, TOCL-Mike Hessling–Nothing
- Rick Oswalt made a motion to adjourn @ 8:50 p.m., 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.