June 10, 2021
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood–Present, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Present, Bill Zimmer-Town of Edgewater-Present, Leroy Sandridge-Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood-Absent
Approved On: 7/15/2021
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Mike Hessling made a motion to appoint Tim Stearns to head the meeting due to the absences of the Vice President, 2nd by Richard Alvin, carried
- Roll Call—See Above
- Bill Zimmer made a motion to table election of officers until the July meeting, 2nd by Mike Hessling, carried.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve May 13, 2021 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Richard Alvin, carried
- Public Input—Linda mentions concern regarding election date on bylaws and signature page on website.
- Fire Department Report—See Attached.
- Ambulance Service Report—See Attached.
- Fundraising Committee report—no meeting was held.
- Building Committee report—Bill Zimmer is hoping to have a meeting in a couple weeks.
- Determine maximum financial support needed from the seven member entities to move forward with the Fire & Ambulance building construction in 2022—sheets were sent out to each commissioner with 2021 EPV’s on what the cost would be @ 2.5 million and 1.5 million.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve donations that were received since the last meeting to the Building/Brick Fund of $101,509.39, 2nd by Mike Hessling, carried.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Richard Alvin, carried.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve Bills E-Pay 40-48 and Checks # 7743-7789, 2nd by Richard Alvin, carried.
- Review Correspondence– received notice that a fraud charge to credit card was credited by and a new card was issued for Cindy. I have set up alerts on the 3 credit cards so that when a charge has been done it will notify me where and the amount.
- Commissioners Input.
Town of Birchwood-Rick Oswalt—Nothing
Town of Cedar Lake-Mike Hessling—Nothing
Town of Doyle-Tim Stearns—Gave notice that it was his last meeting as a commissioner but will stay on the Fundraising committee.
Town of Edgewater-Bill Zimmer—Nothing
Town of Long Lake-Richard Alvin—Asked if we are receiving rent on the property that is owned by the BFCESD at the east side of town that is being farmed.
Town of Wilson-Cindy Fairchild—Nothing
Village of Birchwood-John Depoister—Absent
- 17. Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn @ 7:28 p.m., 2nd by Cindy Fairchild, carried.
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.