March 11th, 2021
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake-Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle-Present, Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater-Present, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake-Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood-Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 6:30 PM, at the BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI.
Approved On: 4/8/2021
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call—See above
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve February 11, 2021 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by
John Depoister. Carried 7-0
- Public Input. Linda Zilmer- Recognition of the packets being put on the website.
Dishearten regarding Edgewater and Cedar Lakes notice of withdrawals.
- Fire Department Report, See attached report. Will wait to transfer funds from
pager account to pay for the 6 pagers that were recently ordered until all of them
- Ambulance Service Report, See Attached report.
Ambulance at April 2021 meeting
- Fundraising Committee report. No report
Will discuss selling of old
- Ken Leners made a motion to appoint John Depoister as head of the Fundraising
Committee along with Tim Stearns to replace Pete Baribeau, 2nd by Tim Stearns.
- Status of Cleveland Grant and fundraising expectations. John Depoister talked to
Dave Cleveland and he’s willing to change the final date. Send letter to
commitments about regarding getting money in hand instead of committed
amounts. John mentioned that he has people interested in sitting down and
talking and are ready to donate. Mentioned about putting an article in the paper
and possibility of a Go Fund Me Page contingent on cost.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to acknowledge Cedar Lake’s notice of withdrawal
from Ambulance Service dated Feb 11, 2021, 2nd by Pete Baribeau. Tim Stearns
withdrew motion to change wording.
Tim Stearns made a motion to acknowledge Cedar Lake’s notice of withdrawal
from Ambulance Service submitted Feb 11, 2021, 2nd by Pete Baribeau,
- Consider Ambulance Service direction with two member withdrawals pending.
Question on how Mutual Aid would be handled.
- Open discussion regarding building project and direction going forward.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve donations that were received since the
Feb 12,2021 to March 11, 2021 in the Amount of $2,760.00, 2nd by John Depoister
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by
Pete Baribeau, Carried 7-0
Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve invoices for payment of E-Pay #18-25 and
checks #7647-7695, 2nd by Ken Leners Carried 7-0
- Review Correspondence. Notice from Sue Sleik of the Memorial Service for Jon
Sleik will be Sat. May 22 at 11:am at the Long lake Lutheran Church followed by a
pig roast at Cheers.
Info from Town Web regarding website costs etc
- Commissioners Input.
TOB—Rick Oswalt– #10 wasn’t voted on
TOD—Tim Stearns—His town boards last month’s meeting didn’t take any formal
action but if we can’t get this building going discussed about giving the District
back to the Village of Birchwood because of members not getting along and put
the petty stuff behind.
TOE-Pete Baribeau—Agreement on what Tim Stearns mentioned. They’re going
to meet with Vince on Tuesday and do some brain storming regarding the
Ambulance service issue with Sawyer Cty.
VOB—John Depoister—Hope we all get serious and get our butts back into
getting this building done. I personally 18 yrs ago started checking out buildings
and sites to get Birchwood a new fire hall and now 18yrs later we’re still doing the
same thing, it’s time we actually get it done.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn @ 7:58 pm, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried
Fire Report: Download PDF
Ambulance Report: Download PDF
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.