March 12th, 2020
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood–Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Present, Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater–Present, Mick Givens- Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson–Present, John Depoister- Village of Birchwood–Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD Office
BFCESD MEETING MINUTES FOR MARCH 12, 2020
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call—See above
- Mick Givens made a motion to approve the Feb13, 2020 Meeting Minutes with the amendment to the Brick/Building donations from $6,800 to $10,800, 2nd by Ken Leners, carried.
- Public Input from Linda Zillmer, Mick Givens and Tony Wolff
- Fire Department Report–See attached reports
Ken Leners made a motion to accept the proposed estimate for the refurbish on Engine #2 of $72,000, 2nd by Mick Givens, carried.
- Ambulance Service Report—See attached letter of resignation from Donald Bergstrom.
Jon Sleik made a motion to appoint Vince Fairchild as the Interim Ambulance Director as of March 12, 2020, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried.
- Discuss and vote on Construction Manager Contract. Jon Sleik made a motion to send this back to the Building Committee, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, carried.
- Discuss was made on three proposals received for the website Design/Build and manage. Ken Leners made a motion to accept Chelsea Lynn Design’s proposal and to Authorize BFCESD Sec/Treas Cindy Fairchild as contact person, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, carried
- Mick Given made a motion to approve donations that were received from 2/11/2020 to 3/12/2020 for Building/Brick Fund of $6,000.00 and $98,025.23 from the Cleveland Grant, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, carried.
- Report from BFCESD Bylaws Development Committee including discussion of recommended bylaw changes and approval process.
Mick Givens made a motion to send the Draft version of the Bylaws to Attorney Arnie Koehler for approval, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild, carried.
- Discuss the Fund Balance Policy—The BFCESD Fund Balance Policy recommends that at the end of the year our unassigned fund balance should be between 20% and 33% of our annual expenditures.
- Discuss and vote on the handling of Brick/building donations and grant matches. Brandon from Two Rivers Accounting recommended that the donations for the building, building bricks and Cleveland matches be kept in a separate banking account. Jon Sleik made a motion to keep those building donations, brick donations and Cleveland matches in separate bank account, 2nd by Ken Leners, Carried. Cindy Fairchild will set up a time with Brandon to move forward with this.
- Discuss and vote on changing the invoice date and due date for the building promissory notes. Jon Sleik made a motion to change the date of the Promissory Notes to July 15, 2020, 2nd by Pete Baribeau. Discussion was made and motion was amended by Jon Sleik from July 15, 2020 to Nov 15, 2020, 2nd by Pete Baribeau. Roll call vote Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood–yea, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake– yea, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle– yea, Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater– yea, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake– yea, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson– yea, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood—yea. Carried 7-yea 0-nay
- TOOK NO ACTION—Discuss and vote on whether to separate the construction project to be able to start work before all funds are committed for the project
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, carried
Tim Stearns made a motion to approve bills as presented, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, carried.
- Review Correspondence–None
- Commissioners Input
Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake—Nothing
Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake—Nothing
Tim Stearns-Town of Doyle—Nothing
Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood—Congratulated audience communication that we got thru a lot of issues during public input. Was relieved to put the building on temp hold until the total matching funds can be raised before proceeding further. Hopefully spring will bring lower prices.
Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson—Nothing
John Depoister-Village of Birchwood—Nothing
Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater—would like on the next agenda fund raising ideas/events to push the Brick/Building fund. Will be gone May, June and Sept meetings but will have someone replace him.
- Tim Stearns Made a motion to Adjourn @ 9:30p.m., 2nd by John Depoister, carried.
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.