March 9th, 2023
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood—Present via zoom, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake—Present, Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle—Present, Scott Spaeth-Town of Edgewater—Present, James Whitehead-Town of Long Lake–Absent, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson—Present, Dan Wichser–Village of Birchwood–Absent
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI.
BFCESD MEETING MINUTES FOR MARCH 9, 2023 (APPROVED 4-13-2023)
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call—See Above
- Al Dirkes made a motion to approve the Feb 9, 2023 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, carried 4-0, Scott abstained
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer, concerned about the non-representation of Town of Long Lake for several meetings.
- Fire Department Report—see attached report
- Ambulance Service Report—see attached report
- BFCESD Auxiliary Report—see attached report
- Building/ Fund Raising Committee report- Mike Hessling meets with NWB every Weds. @ 8:30 a.m., any commissioner can come.
Motion to increase item #10 for canopies over all man doors not to exceed $25,000.00 on Building Cost changes with NWB by Scott Spaeth, 2nd by Al Dirkes, carried 5-0.
Al Dirkes made a motion to disapprove item #11, 2nd by Scott Spaeth, carried 5-0
- Item #9 was moved to April 13th Meeting–Report from Dan Wichser on way to possibly recoup money from Fire Calls
- Item #10 was moved to April 13th meeting–Long Term Capital Plan for Fire and Ambulance Department
- Item #11 was moved to April 13th meeting–Discussion on EMS covered area that have to pay for service other than BFCESD.
- New Business
TOB-Rick Oswalt—nothing, TOD-Al Dirkes—thoughts about security system options, TOE-Scott Spaeth—nothing, TOLL-James Whitehead-ABSENT
TOW-Cindy Fairchild—nothing, VOB-Dan Wichser-ABSENT
TOCL-Mike Hessling-New building should have a Building Policy on limits to use of training room, living quarters etc.
- Al Dirkes made a motion to approve donations that were received to the Building fund acct since the Feb 9,2023 meeting of $485.00 and $150 to the Auxiliary for the golf outing, 2nd by Scott Spaeth, carried 5-0.
- All Dirkes made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Mike Hessling, carried 5-0.
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve Bills as presented for payment —
Main acct checks 8400-8447 and new check #8448-8450, Epay 188-193
Building fund acct epay6 to Auxiliary acct
Building fund checks #1019-1021
Grant acct Epay 1-2023 DNR grant money transferred to main acct
2nd by Al Dirkes. Carried 5-0.
- Review Correspondence-work comp audit refund.
Mike Hessling-email from Jason Lavick from Romaine Quinn regarding EMS meeting with state representatives at the Capital on March 15-16th.
- Commissioners Input
TOCL—MIKE HESSLING-April time frame for new positions on town/village boards, BFCESD board elections at May meeting.
- Al Dirkes made a motion to adjourn @ 8:13 p.m., 2nd by Scott Spaeth, carried 5-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.