May 13, 2021
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood–Present, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Present, Bill Zimmer-Town of Edgewater-Present, Leroy Sandridge-Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood-Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 6:30 PM, at the BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI.
Approved On: 6/10/2021
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call-See Above
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve April 8, 2021 Meeting Minutes as presented, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, Carried
- Public Input—Tony Wolf questioned if contract with NWB had been signed by Don Bergstrom, Bill Zimmer said that contract is no longer valid.
- Fire Department Report—See Attached report. Ken will arrange to have flowers sent for Jon Sleik’s memorial and will be reimbursed.
- Ambulance Service Report—See Attached report
- Fundraising Committee report—We have approx. $325,000.00 actual and committed. We’re going to be approaching the committed donors to get the actual monies in hand so that we can continue to get money from the Cleveland’s Matching Grant. With the Covid numbers slowing down hoping to contact people again. Any Commissioner that has names to please get them to us. Mike Hessling volunteered to help out where needed on the BFCESD Building Fundraising Committee.
- Open discussion regarding building project and direction going forward. Property that we have will work unless something better comes up. Based on the rise of building cost it was $2.2 million 1 yr. ago it may possibly go up to $2.5 million by 2022. Engage with a new contract thru NWB no later than Oct of 2021
- #9 Tabled until June 2021 meeting. Calculation sheets will be sent out with the new proposed cost of $2.5 million.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve donations of $420.00 to the Building Fund Acct that were received since the April 8, 2021 meeting, 2nd by Mike Hessling, Carried.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by
Rick Oswalt, Carried.
- John Depoister made a motion to approve Bills as presented for payment, epay 33-39 and check #7722 -7742, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried.
- Review Correspondence—Nothing
- Commissioners Input.
Town of Birchwood-Rick Oswalt—Nothing
Town of Cedar Lake-Mike Hessling—Excited to be part of the BFCESD
Town of Doyle-Tim Stearns—Nothing
Town of Edgewater-Bill Zimmer—Mentioned with the loss of Mick Givens on the Building Committee we need to replace him. Mike Hessling Volunteered.
Town of Long Lake-Leroy Sandridge—Would like to see what we can do and can’t do with the existing property.
Town of Wilson-Cindy Fairchild—Nothing
Village of Birchwood-John Depoister—Nothing
- Tim Stearns made a motion to adjourn @ 7:23 p.m., 2nd by Rick Oswalt, Carried
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.