May 13th, 2020
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood–Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Present, Bill Zimmer-Town of Edgewater–Present, Mick Givens- Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson–Present, John Depoister- Village of Birchwood–Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, May 13, 2020 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD Office via Zoom
BFCESD ZOOM MEETING MINUTES FOR MAY 13, 2020
- Roll Call—See above
- Mick Givens made a motion to approve the March 12, 2020 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Bill Zimmer, carried by roll call 7-0
- Public Input–None
- Fire Department Report–See attached reports
- Ambulance Service Report—See attached reports
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve donations that were received from 3/13/2020 to 5/13/2020 for Building/Brick Fund of $1,000.00, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried by roll call 7-0
- Update on fund raising and matching grant—Jon Sleik was contacted by the Cleveland’s. They are a fascinating couple and they are committed to help us in any way they can to get on track and they are willing to work with us on re-adjusted the time line on the new building due to the Covid-19, if needed.
- Report on BFCESD Bylaws Development Committee—Mick heard back from Arnie Kohler regarding the BFCESD Bylaws. Mick is sending out an updated copy of the Bylaws to each Commissioner with the hopes of having everything finalized for the June meeting.
- Update on Building Committee—John Depoister reported there is no update and hoping to get a meeting set up in 2 weeks.
- Discuss development of Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)—Ken Leners would like to work with the Fire Chief-Ken George, Ambulance Director- Vince Fairchild in setting a Capital Improvement Plan. Mike Givens nominated Tim Stearns to assist in developing this and Tim accepted.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by John Depoister, carried by roll call 7-0; Tim Stearns made a motion to approve bills as presented, 2nd by John Depoister, carried by roll call 7-0
At this time Mick Givens mentioned concerns regarding an entity that hasn’t paid their assessment dues and if the Bylaws should state a few things differently in stages if an entity decided to not pay. Ken Leners mentioned that he has every intent in paying their dues but because asking for the
Bylaws to be updated has opted to withhold them until they have been approved. He expressed that the interest that is being charged wouldn’t hold up in court.
- Review Correspondence—LOWM Proxy Statement
- Commissioners Input
Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake—mentioned that he has emailed each commissioner a copy of the Draft from Arnie Kohler.
Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake—asked when we could expect the Annual Audit.
Tim Stearns-Town of Doyle—None
Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood—the Town of Birchwood is mourning the loss of the Town Chairman Romaine Quinn. No service has been set up as of yet and memorials have been dedicated the new Fire hall.
Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson—None
John Depoister-Village of Birchwood—None
Bill Zimmer-Town of Edgewater—wanted to thank everyone for being patient with him getting up to date on everything.
- John Depoister Made a motion to Adjourn @ 7:35p.m., 2nd by Mick Givens, carried by roll call 7-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.