November 10, 2022
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-Present-Zoom, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake-Present,
Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle-Present, Scott Spaeth-Town of Edgewater-Present,
James Whitehead-Town of Long Lake-Absent, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present
Dan Wichser–Village of Birchwood-Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, November 10, 2022 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI.
BFCESD MEETING MINUTES NOV 10, 2022 (APPROVE 12/8/2022
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call-See Above
- Dan Wichser made a motion to approve Oct 13, 2022 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer hopes the new building site is being overseen by the construction company for any issues that arise.
- Fire Department Report—See Attached
Mike Hessling asked about the possibility of starting a Cadet program for interested person’s that are under 18
- Ambulance Service Report—See Attached
- BFCESD Auxiliary Report—See Attached
- Building/ Fund Raising Committee report- Concrete has been poured, interior block walls are going up. Mike Hessling explained the spreadsheet with the progress of the complete items. The paving of the lot will be pushed out until spring because of the settling that could happen now. No change to building cost sheet. Copy of NWB request for Nov payment of billed work rec’d so far. Mike explained in detail the payment plan sheet and that invoices would be sent on the 15th of the month prior to the expected payment of the 15th of the following month. (example—Nov 15 invoice due Dec 15th)
- Mike Hessling made a motion to create a committee to review/analyze and provided options for the EMS, 2nd by Scott Spaeth. Discussion was made. Dan Wichser made a motion to create the committee based on BFCESD EMS Income/Expense Review Committee Charter Draft provided, 2nd by Scott Spaeth, Carried 6-0
- No donations were received since the Oct 13, 2022 meeting
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
- Dan Wichser made a motion to approve Bills as presented for payment Building Fund E-pay #5 & Checks #1011-1013, Main Acct E-pay #158-162 and Checks from 8275-8286 plus new ones 8287-8291, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
***Work comp quote from Sentry-Middlesex Ins Comp. ***Emails Mike Hessling rec’d from Shane H regarding the cold patching on Euclid set for week of 11/18, from Dan Wichser regarding light concern from Foss Soper, from Monarch Paving regarding recommendations for paving the parking lot until spring, meeting regarding layout of training/meeting room after 11/10 meeting,
***Dan Wichser regarding concern of the curb and gutter on Euclid Ave. and email from Village Clerk-Ashley Beffa regarding Christmas event Dec 3.
- Commissioners Input-
***Town of Birchwood-Rick Oswalt—Nothing
***Town of Doyle-Al Dirkes—Their town board agreed that any extra money that may come back to their town board would like to see it go to the BFCESD Auxiliary for items that are needed at the new hall.
***Town of Edgewater-Scott Spaeth—his town board asked why we had to pay for the moving of the cable for Spectrum
***Town of Long Lake-James Whitehead—Absent
***Town of Wilson-Cindy Fairchild—Nothing
***Village of Birchwood-Dan Wichser—Nothing
***Town of Cedar Lake—Mike Hessling—Nothing
- Dan Wichser made a motion to adjourn @ 8:16 p.m., 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.