November 18, 2021
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Richard Stowe-Town of Birchwood-Present, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake-Present, Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle-Present, Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater-Present, Leroy Sandridge-Town of Long Lake-Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Absent, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood-Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI.
Approved On: 12/16/2021
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call—See Above
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve the Oct 14, 2021 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer, concerns about Item #9 and why the District isn’t pursuing grant options for the new fire hall.
- Fire Department Report-See attached report
- Ambulance Service Report-See attached report
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve Hake Crisis Support (Real Living doesn’t cover this now), 2nd by Pete Baribeau, Carried 6-0
- Building Committee report—Mike talked about reviewing the contract, we now have some permits. There were some changes to the plan per Fire and Amb personnel. Question on risk insurance coverage if we want to go with NWB insurance company or from our insurance company.
- Due to John being in the hospital and not being able to contact Dairy State regarding the Risk Assessment item that the auditor Brandon Willger mentioned it will be put on Dec agenda to revisit.
- Mike Hessling made a motion to Approve donations that were received since the Oct 14th meeting of $26,485.00 2nd by Pete Baribeau, Carried 6-0
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Al Dirkes, Carried 6-0
- Epay 77-83 and Checks # 7891-7917 were approved via email due to meeting date being changed to Nov 18.
- Review Correspondence-none
- Commissioners Input.
Town of Birchwood–Richard Stowe-question on sign on property
Town of Cedar Lake-Mike Hessling-concerns about fundraising, we need to get together and discuss different things such as possible grants available and try to re-energized the process. He mentioned some concerns that were brought up at their town board meeting.
Town of Doyle-Al Dirkes-asked about putting donation form into tax bills again.
Town of Edgewater-Pete Baribeau-none
Town of Long Lake-Leroy Sandridge-none
Town of Wilson-Cindy Fairchild-Absent
Village of Birchwood-John Depoister-Mentioned that Cindy and he had talked about doing gun raffle. The Legion did one and sold tickets for $2 or 3 for $5 and sold a lot. We could sell out tickets at a lower price $5 ea or 6 for $25. Start selling tickets in Jan and do the drawing after the Blue Gill Fest parade at the Fire Hall open house. He has a list of 7 places that sell guns and if we could get local business to sponsor/donate a gun it would be no money taken away from the raffle.
- Mike Hessling made a motion to adjourn @ 7:20 p.m. 2nd by Pete Baribeau, Carried 6-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.