November 19th, 2020
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood–Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Absent, Bill Zimmer-Town of Edgewater–Present, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson–Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood–Present
BFCESD NOV 19, 2020 MEETING MINUTES-APPROVED 12/10/2020
- Roll Call—See above
- Mick Givens made a motion to approve the Oct 8, 2020 BFCESD Meeting Minutes with the addition of putting Tony Wolf’s comment into correspondence, 2nd by John Depoister. Discussion was made and motion was denied 0 yea-6 nay.
Mick Givens made a motion to approve the Oct 8, 2020 BFCESD Meeting Minutes as is with agenda item added for Dec on how to handle public input, 2nd by Bill Zimmer. Carried 6 yea-0 nay
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer, wanted to thank everyone for conducting safety with the Zoom meeting. Opposes the Bylaws.
- Fire Department Report—See attached, Ken questioned who authorized removing the Engine out of Cedar Lake Town Shop.
- Ambulance Service Report—See Attached
- John Depoister made a motion to Approve donations that were received since the Oct 8th, 2020 meeting of $500.00 to the Building/Brick Fund acct, 2nd by Ken Leners, Carried 6 yea-0 nay.
- Update from Building Committee—Met with Chris and talked about what has to happen to move forward. Recommended separating site work from Building project. Permit for site work is approx. $800-$1000.
- Jon Sleik made a motion to cancel existing promissory notes, 2nd by Ken Leners, Carried 6-0. Discussion was made on that Bill Zimmer would put together the new promissory note. Mick Givens mentioned to us the old copy as basis of note with addition and deletion of verbiage. Ken Leners mentioned a go or no go date to be added.
- Report from BFCESD Bylaws Development Committee, discussion of updated By-laws, vote on the updated By-laws Mick Givens made a motion to accept the By-Laws as presented with the addition of all 7 entity signature page added, 2nd by Jon Sleik,
Roll call vote
TOB—YEA TOE–YEA TOLL–YEA TOW–YEA VOB–YEA TOCL—NAY TOD– Absent
Approved– 5 yea-1 nay
- Review invoice from Cedar Lake for storage of fire truck and trailer. Ken Leners made a motion to table Item #10 until Dec Meeting 2nd by Mick Givens. Approved 6-0
- Bill Zimmer made a motion to Approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by John Depoister, Approved 6-0 Bill Zimmer made a motion to approve bills as presented, 2nd by John Depoister. Approved 6-0
- Review Correspondence, R2R info, Cindy sent info to all Town/Village Clerks with the amount that they could use for payroll and expenses for Covid related items. Thanks to Victor Drost for checking into the allowed payroll and expenses for the Fire and Ambulance department.
- Commissioners Input
Jon Sleik–Town of Birchwood- Hopefully try and figure out how to get building project started
Ken Leners—Town of Cedar Lake-Asked if website was active
Tim Stearns—Town of Doyle-Absent
Bill Zimmer—Town of Edgewater-Gives notice of withdrawal from BFCESD Ambulance Service which will be 9 months from Nov 19, 2020, will be sending signed letter regarding withdrawal. Asked if Gargulak property was available, Vince had heard but not 100%. Bill asked if he could find out and if it is, would the District be interested because it would cost less to build there and sell the property we have now.
Mick Givens—Town of Long Lake-Blood pressure dropped drastically after bylaws were approved.
Cindy Fairchild—Town of Wilson-nothing
John Depoister—Village of Birchwood-nothing
- Mick Givens made a motion to Adjourn @ 8:58 p.m., 2nd by John Depoister. Approved 6-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.