October 13, 2022
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-PRESENT, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake-PRESENT,Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle-PRESENT, Scott Spaeth-Town of Edgewater-ABSENT, James Whitehead-Town of Long Lake-ABSENT,Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-PRESENTDan Wichser–Village of Birchwood-PRESENT
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call—See Above
- Rick Oswalt made a motion to approve Sept 8th, 2022 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Dan Wichser, Carried 5-0
- Public Input—Linda Zilmer comment regarding not in compliance with state statues regarding open public meeting agenda and locations.
- Fire Department Report-See attached report
- Ambulance Service Report-See attached report
- BFCESD Auxiliary-President Becky George gave an update on the progress- See attached
- Mike Hessling gave an update on the building being ahead of schedule, looking at mid-April finish date. Invoices to each entity will be sent out the 3rd week of the month and due by the 15th of the following Building delivery possibly by Dec 2022 instead of Feb 2023.
- Dan Wichser made a motion to approve donations of $7535.00 that were received since the Sept 8th, 2022 meeting, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, Carried 5-0
- Rick Oswalt made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Dan Wichser, Carried 5-0
- Dan Wichser made a motion the approve Bills as presented for payment, Main Acct EFT 152-157, check # 8243-8265 (voided check #8252) and Building Fund Acct EFT-4 and check # 1008-1010, 2nd by Al Dirkes , Carried 5-0
- Review Correspondence
***Acknowledgement that the old credit cards were canceled
***Letter from David Cecil (office landlord) on rental coverage certificate.
***Mike gave a business card for Vince to check into regarding ? on covid payment of $200.00 per patient bonus.
- Commissioners Input
- Town of Birchwood-Rick Oswalt—Will be leaving Oct 25th and will be back in April 2023. Will do meetings via Zoom.
- Town of Doyle-Al Dirkes—asked if Ken G could do a risk assessment at their township. Becky G will relay the request to Ken
- Town of Edgewater-Scott Spaeth—ABSENT Town of Long Lake-James Whitehead—ABSENT
- Town of Wilson-Cindy Fairchild—was amazed to stand where the building is being built to see the amount of work that has been done so far. An the asset the tower will be for a Command Center if needed.
- Village of Birchwood-Dan Wichser—Foss Soper was concerned about the lighting on the new emergency building to be neighborhood friendly.
- Town of Cedar Lake-Mike Hessling–Nothing
- Al Dirkes made a motion to adjourn @ 7:33 m., 2nd by Dan Wichser, Carried 5-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.