October 8th, 2020
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood–Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Present, Bill Zimmer-Town of Edgewater–Absent, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson–Present,
John Depoister-Village of Birchwood–Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 6:30 PM, Birchwood School Commons
BFCESD OCTOBER 8, 2020 MEETING MINUTES--APPROVED 11/19/2020
- Roll Call
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve the Sept 10, 2020 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried 6-0
- Public Input-Tony Wolf resident of Cedar Lake comments attached.
- Fire Department Report—See Attached report
- Ambulance Service Report—See Attached report
- No donations have been received as of the Sept 10 2020 meeting.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve the website and accept the 2.9% + .30 per PayPal transaction for donations on the website, 2nd by Ken Leners, Carried 6-0 Mick Givens gave some suggestion to give Chelsea regarding some items on the site, these will be sent to her.
- Update from the Cleveland’s regarding their matching grant. Jon spoke with the Cleveland’s and they are flexible and behind the project and can if needed rewrite the contract to extend time with no problem.
- Update from Building Committee—See attached report that was sent to Commissioners by Bill Zimmer after the meeting because he was unable to attend.
- Mick Givens made a motion to postpone Promissory notes for the new building project from Nov to be due Jan 15, 2021, 2nd by Tim Stearns. Carried 6-0
- Review letter from BFCESD attorney regarding the BFCESD Original agreement and the proposed by-laws. Jon Sleik explained the response from Arnie Kohler—see attached.
- Mick Givens gave the update on the BFCESD Bylaws Development Committee, discussion of updated By-laws. Mick Givens made a motion to accept the updated By-Laws dated Oct 8, 2020, 2nd by Tim Stearns. Discussion was made that some needed to take back to the town board members the changes before approving them. 2-Yea 4-Nay
Town of Birchwood-Nay Town of Cedar Lake-Nay
Town of Doyle-Yea Town of Edgewater-absent Town of Long Lake-Yea Town of Wilson-Nay Village of Birchwood-Nay
- John Depoister made a motion to Approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried 6-0
John Depoister made a motion to approve bills as presented, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried 6-0
- Review Correspondence, Invoice from Ken Leners—Town of Cedar Lake for storage of fire truck and trailer. See attached. Mick would like this on the Nov 12, 2020 agenda.
- Commissioners Input
Town of Birchwood—Nothing Town of Cedar Lake—Nothing Town of Doyle—Nothing
Town of Edgewater—Absent
Town of Long Lake—Flabbergasted Town of Wilson—Nothing
Village of Birchwood—Nothing
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn @ 8:07 pm, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried 6-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.