September 14, 2023
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-PRESENT, Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake-ABASENT, Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle-PRESENT, Scott Spaeth-Town of Edgewater-PRESENT, Bob Moulette-Town of Long Lake-ABSENT, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-PRESENT Dan Wichser–Village of Birchwood-ABSENT
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD Building, 280 Edenharter Rd, Birchwood WI.
Approved On OCT 12, 2023
BFCESD SEPT 14, 2023 MEETING MINUTES (APPROVAL OCT 12,2023)
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve the Aug 10, 2023 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, carried 4-0
- Public Input-Linda Zilmer- Edgewater’s meeting regarding Sawyer Cty Ambulance, WTA meeting in Cable if anyone is interested on Contracting for EMS on Sept 20th.
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to accept the 2022 Audit-Two Rivers Accounting LLC as presented, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, carried 4-0
- Fire Department Report-see attached; Fire department will no longer be doing hydrant testing for the Village of Birchwood
- AmbulanceServiceReport-see attached
- Friends of the BFCESD Report-see attached
Scott Spaeth made a motion approve purchase of laptop and Microsoft Office for meeting/conference/trainings for the Mosaic program for zoom and for the Active 911 in the bay, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, carried 4-0
- Tabled add to Oct Meeting-Presentation on BFCESD Logo and approval
- Tabled add to Oct Meeting-Long Term Capital Plan for Fire and Ambulance Department
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve the proposal from Advance Cleaning Service, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, carried 4-0 Cindy will contact them to set up cleaning schedule.
- Tabled add to Oct Meeting-Discussion on Social Media sites
- New Business
TOB—Nothing, TOD—Nothing, TOE—Nothing, TOLL-Absent, TOW-nothing, TOCL—Absent, VOB-Absent
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve donations of $100 to the Building Fund and the amount of $1971.00 to the Auxiliary acct from cookbooks and the open house rec’d since Aug 10th 2023, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, carried 4-0
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Rick Oswalt, carried 4-0
- Scott Spaeth made a motion to approve the checks presented for payment
Main Acct checks-# 8579-8625 (8580 replaced 8549–7/8 Industrial Safety)
Main Acct EFT’s-226-233
Building Fund Acct Checks-1061-1066 (1061 replaced #1048–7/8 Industrial Safety) 2nd by Rick Oswalt, carried 4-0
- Review Correspondence- Water information from Village of Birchwood
- Commissioners Input
TOB-Rick Oswalt—Town of Birchwood is dropping Sawyer Cty EMS as of Dec 31,2023 and will be using BFCESD EMS as of Jan 1, 2024. Bylaws will need updated with this change.
- Rick Oswalt made a motion to adjourn @ 8:12 p.m., 2nd by Scott Spaeth, carried 4-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.