April 8th, 2021
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake-Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle-Present, Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater-Present, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake-Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood-Absent
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 6:30 PM, at the BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI.
Approved On: 5/13/2021
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call. See above
- Pete Baribeau made a motion to Approve March 11, 2021 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Tim Stearns, carried 6-0
- Public Input–None
- Rande Purde of Cheers presentation regarding plans for the 1st Annual Memorial Golf Outing to benefit BFCESD in memory of Jon Sleik. He’s hoping for the end of June or end of Aug, beginning of Sept. Randy and Judy will get thing together and will keep us informed of dates etc.
- Fire Department Report. See Attached
- Ambulance Service Report. See Attached
- Fundraising Committee report—had no meeting, meeting will be scheduled before the May13th BFCESD Meeting.
- Tim Stearns made a motion on the sale of 1977 Chevrolet C65 Fire Truck with Darley 750 gallon per minute water pump and 1000-gallon tank at the discretion and put the money into the Fire Capital Fund acct., 2nd by Pete Baribeau, Carried 6-0
- Tim Stearns made a motion on the sale of the 2005 Road Rescue Ambulance and 2 trucks, at the discretion of the dept and put the money into the Ambulance Capital Fund Acct, 2nd by Pete Baribeau, Carried 6-0
- Ken Leners made a motion to Authorize BFCESD President to sign updated Department of Natural Resources Memorandum of Understanding, 2nd by Tim Stearns , carried 6-0
- Moved to next item no discussion.
- Determine maximum financial support needed from the seven member entities to move forward with the Fire & Ambulance building construction in 2022. Bring the spreadsheet to the Town/Village Annual meetings to let people know what the different cost may be. May have to have special Town board meetings once promissory notes are made up. Question on if the Village would be able to pursue a bond.
- No donations were received were received since the last meeting.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Pete Baribeau , carried 6-0 Tim Stearns made a motion to approve EPAY #26-32 and checks #7696-7021 for payment of invoices, 2nd by Mick Givens , carried 6-0
- Review Correspondence–None
- Commissioners Input. Town of Birchwood—Nothing Town of Cedar Lake—Reminder that Mike Hessling will be commissioner starting May 2021 meeting. Town of Doyle—nothing Town of Edgewater—wanted to Thank Mick for stepping up and taking the Chairman’s position. Town of Long Lake—referenced the email that he sent to commissioners regarding the assumption that he will not be representing Long Lake at the May meeting due to not being the elected Town Chairman. Town of Wilson—Nothing Village of Birchwood—Absent
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn @ 7:33 p.m., 2nd by Pete Baribeau , carried 6-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.