February 9, 2023
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood-Present via Zoom (6:40),
Mike Hessling-Town of Cedar Lake-Present via Zoom,
Al Dirkes-Town of Doyle-Present,
Scott Spaeth-Town of Edgewater-Absent,
James Whitehead-Town of Long Lake-Absent,
Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present
Dan Wichser–Village of Birchwood-Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 6:30 PM, BFCESD offices at 101 West Loomis Street, Suite B, Birchwood WI
BFCESD Febuary 9, 2023 meeting minutes (approved 3/9/2023)
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call—See Above
- Dan Wichser made a motion to approve Jan 12, 2023 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Mike Hessling, Carried 4-0
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer-would like an agenda item regarding what the cost is for some of the EMS covered area that have to pay for service other than BFCESD.
- Fire Department Report-See Attached
- Ambulance Service Report-See Attached
- BFCESD Auxiliary Report –had full members meeting Jan 5. Discussed different support for Fire/Ambulance calls that maybe needed. 1st School poster contest had a good turnout. This year it will be scheduled the same week as Fire Prevention. Grant is on hold. Board meeting to be held Feb 16 at the office and Full members scheduled for March 18th. The Jon Sleik Golf Tournament is being worked on with sending out letters and putting posters up.
- Building/ Fund Raising Committee report-emails were sent out with attachments of the discussion the Mike presented.—See attachments
- Report from Dan Wichser on way to possibly recoup money from Fire Calls-Discussion was made and Mike asked that this be tabled and be put on March 9th agenda for approval.
- Long Term Capital Plan from Fire and Ambulance Department—See Attachment Discussion was made on replacement dates and will be added to March 9th meeting agenda.
- New Business—
TOB—Nothing TOD—Nothing TOE—Absent TOLL—Absent
TOW—Nothing VOB—Nothing TOCL–Nothing
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve donations of $116.00 that were received since the Jan 12, 2023 meeting for the donations to the Building-Brick , 2nd by Dan Wichser, carried 5-0
- Mike Hessling made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by Al Dirkes, carried 5-0
- Dan Wichser made a motion to a Approve Bills as presented for payment as follows,
1001–Main Acct– Epay 181-187, Checks #8371-8399
1004—Building Fund—Check #1017
1010—Amb FAP Acct—Epay-1-2023
2nd by Mike Hessling, carried 5-0
- Review Correspondence-Xcel Energy-renewable energy, Mike working with Pacific Life on getting correct forms filled and sent back, we were sent the incorrect form
- Commissioners Input–
TOD—Al thanked Mike for doing a great job .
TOCL—Thanked Al for stepping in to run the meeting.
17. Dan Wicsher made a motion to adjourn @ 7:52 p.m. 2nd by Mike Hessling, carried 5-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.